Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving email to a new computer

Moving email to a new computer

After upgrading to Sage Act 2013 in December, I experienced computer problems necessitating purchasing a new computer. I believe I was successful in transferring my database to Act2013 on the new laptop, but cannot get it to synchronize with outlook. In fact the synchronization icons under preferences are grayed out. Also I cannot set up email with act2013 on the new computer. I am using Windows 8 64 bit and Microsoft Office 2013 on the new computer.

Am currently downloading the Sage Act Service Pack 1 in hopes that this will work.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Tom

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Moving email to a new computer

Hello Tom,

At this time, ACT! 2013 is not compatible with Office 2013.  However; an ACT! certified consultant has created a relatively inexpensive add-on to integrate the 2 programs; here is a link to their web site: https://www.designr1.com/shop/office-2013-pack/

Note: Sage does not provide support for add-on products.

Greg Martin
Sage

It would appear the installation of the new SP1 solved my problems....was able to integrate Act2013 and Outlook2013 after a sychronization...have not had time to use it yet but it appears to be working Smiley Happy Tom

It did integrate properly yesterday after installing service pac 1.....today it does not function and neither does Sage Act Connect..in fact Outlook says an Act address book does not exist and gives error messages. I guess I need to take your suggestion

That is odd that it worked at all... Thank you for posting the updates!
Greg Martin
Sage

FYI....I purchased the addin as you suggested....it appeared to be described as a simple patch. Unfortunately it did not work, and now I get registry errors when I try to open Act 2013. My office 2013 is the correct 32 bit version,and windows8 64 bit version apparently doesn't matter, so I asked them for technical support.Have not heard back but its early.  However it now appears I need to uninstall and reinstall Act 2013 and it components and hope this "patch" add-in gets removed as well. Its a shame as I really like the Act outlook integration and have depended on it. The frustration continues!!!

We don't support the add-on and without seeing the error it is hard to know what is going on, but try running ACT! using the 'Run as administrator' option. To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'. Improvement?
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you but no luck

Further update....with this patch Outlook did not function...emails could be received but could not be sent. I was able to uninstall the patch and now email is restored...Unfortunately synchronization still does not work, and even more unfortunately I appear to have wasted another $24.95.

Question..Are there any Sage plans to fix the problem with Office 2013 and Act 2013?

Thanx Tom

Since Integration with outlook is important, and office 2013 is not compatible, I removed office 2013 and installed office professional plus 2010 . Unfortunately sycronization still does not work. Under Act>tools>Outlook Synchronization Preferences>advanced preferences for both synchronize calendar and synchronize contacts the boxes are not checked and I am not able to check them...Am at a loss on how to make this work..Any ideas would be appreciated