Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving Act database from another computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Moving Act database from another computer

I recently upgraded to a new computer with Vista.  I had been using Act 2005 and upgraded to Act 2009.  I copied my database from my old computer & converted it to Act 2009.  When I tried to update Act it said I needed to be a windows administrator.  How do I convince Act 2009 that I am the administrator?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlakeside
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Moving Act database from another computer

When you open ACT!, instead of double-clicking the program icon, right-click on it and choose Run As Adminstrator. You may also need to disable User Account Control (UAC) in Vista per the instructions in the following Knowledgebase article:

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlakeside
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

When you open ACT!, instead of double-clicking the program icon, right-click on it and choose Run As Adminstrator. You may also need to disable User Account Control (UAC) in Vista per the instructions in the following Knowledgebase article:

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you, that worked!  I did not have to change the Vista settings.