Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moved database as per article 19817 with sync problems

Moved database as per article 19817 with sync problems

Hello everyone,

I am currently using Act by Sage 2010 (version 12.1.181.0 hot fix 1) and have moved the publisher database to a new computer on my lan with windows 7 (also different computer name). I followed the instructions as outlined in article 19817 but can not get the remote databases to connect to the new location. I have changed the sync settings to show the new location but I keep getting the same error (act is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure (accept incoming sync) is enabled....

I have lowered the UAC to the lowest point and have tried almost everything to get it resolved. None of the other computers on my lan will connect with the sync server and now I am lost.

Please advise any type of solution.

Thank you

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Moved database as per article 19817 with sync problems

Thanks for the information but it still did not help. I created a new false database (test) and was able to create a remote database from it. The test remote upacked as expected but was unable to sync with the publisher. So it appears my computer is talking to the other copies of act but they can not talk to the publisher.

Are there any known issues with windows 7 and the new firewall that I need to be aware of?

Jim

Silver Contributor

Not necessiraly, however, to test this, you could turn off the firewall and any antivirus just to be sure.  If it works then, you could look at making the approprite exclusions in the firewall.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider