Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Move ACT! / Errors on new sysstem

Move ACT! / Errors on new sysstem

I purchased a new desktop and have tried moving my ACT! Pro 2016 data onto it.  I tried the backup function on the old system but receoved errors - so stopped the SQL server service, copied the files over and put them on the new system - both running Windows 7.  Prior to moving the data, I installed a fresh copy of ACT! Pro 2016 on the new system along with the latest hot fixes.  When I start my database, it says " error occurred after login in synchorization manager.  The path is not of legal form.  In reading some other tips, I changed the security settings to all full access on those folders. If I click off that error, I get multiple errors in trying to write a default layout in the supplemental file system and then lists the path.  if I keep clicking thru these errors, it finally says there are no available layouts.  However if I look in the layouts folder, everything is there.  I dont know if this makes any difference but I have Effective Solutions Quick Books sync on the other system but before I put that on the original system, it worked.   I can start the sample database without an issue