Mouse will not scroll in ACT 2013

Copper Contributor

Mouse will not scroll in ACT 2013

HP Pro 6560b

Windows 7 Professional

16 MB Ram

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000

Act 2013 Pro

Mouse works fine in all other programs, but will not scroll in any ACT DB that I open.  Even tried switching to another wireless mouse, but no scroll with it either.

Any suggestions?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Mouse will not scroll in ACT 2013

Hi there

When you say its not scrolling in the ACT db, what scenario are you talking about?  Activities?  Notes History etc?  Or in a report?

I have not been able to replicate this issue in ACT 2013 Premium with my wireless mouse.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Hello -

I'd like to also ask this question... we recently upgraded from ACT! 2011 to ACT! 2013 and my wireless mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000) wheel no longer scrolls within ACT!. It specifically does not scroll within Contacts in list view (either looking at the entire database or just a lookup) nor does it scroll in groups, histories, activities... and no, not in reports either.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 16GB RAM, Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.0.301.0. Like I mentioned, mouse scrolling used to work in 2011. Not in 2013. I've unsuccessfully tried 3 mice to no avail.

Help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been able to reproduce this issue. It seems to be specific to ACT! 2013, Windows 7, and MS cordless mice. Could not reproduce in ACT! 2011-2012, nor on Windows XP, Vista,or Windows 8. I will submit this for investigation. Thank you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

Greg, I have a client with a MS wireless mouse that did not work on ACT 2011 or 2012.  So, it's not just this version.  I convinced him to go get another mouse and he is not working.  Not happy with the wires - but happy to be scrolling.  It does appear to be MS wireless mice that are grumpy with ACT or vice versa

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Thanks, Patricia. I was not able to reproduce this in earlier versions of ACT!, but it does seem to be an issue with MS wireless mice. It seems to be related to the default driver type being used by Windows. If they install the specific driver (like Intellipoint) it does not seem to be an issue. At least, this is what I have read in blogs regarding similar issues.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have a Logotech Anywhere MX Mouse with Widows 7 and Act 13. In the contact list my  mouse scrolls backward.. When you scroll downwards the list scrolls up and scroll upwards the list scrolls down. Mouse works fine in Act and every other program.

[ Edited ]

Hello bredwitz,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For your mouse, did you install the Logitech driver that came with the device, or let Windows select a default driver?

Greig Hollister

I've tried it both ways, does the same thing either way.