Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

More issues with my favorite CRM...

Copper Contributor

More issues with my favorite CRM...

I'm about to chuck in the towel with Act, this is the biggest piece of * CRM that I have ever used!

I have now wasted another Sunday trying to sort out the Mail merge issues, its just one thing after another with this software. This bloody software has never ran as it should, not once do I recall it running seamlessly with Office 2016 as the sales tactics put out by Swiftpage claim!

My first issue is was with this error

Capture7.PNG

Then this

Capture10.PNG

So, I uninstalled Act and reinstalled, then when I ran the update from within Act (help/act notifications) Act goes through the motions and downloads the update but when it installs I get this little beauty 

Capture12.PNG

I'm running Act 19.2 and trying my best to run the bloody update...

Capture13.PNG

I'm on the Deferred Chanel for Office 2016 

Office Version.PNG

I honestly believe that its now time to instigate a refund as this software clearly doesn't do what its claimed which is a real shame as Act used to be good but obviously no more...

Administrator

Re: More issues with my favorite CRM...

Hi there Sitt,

I'm sorry that you've had so much trouble with these Outlook issues - I appreciate that must have been time-consuming and annoying to try to fix.

It looks like you're running v19.2 Pro, so in order to get Update 3 applied you'll need to download and run the file below:

http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/19.2/act1920update3.exe

Could you give that link a try and see if the update applies correctly?

Copper Contributor

Hi Jon, thanks for coming back to me.

I'm honestly getting so frustrated with theses issues its starting to get very draining indeed...

I managed to uninstall and then reinstall Act v19.2 update 3 but now Act hangs when I click on an email address - it opens up Outlook as it should but Act then inoperable.

It won't allow me to click within the contact or anywhere else for that matter. It won't even close - I have to control/alt/delete to close

Administrator

No problem, thanks for your patience with this!

Glad to hear it's installed correctly - often when Act! crashes while trying to communicate with Outlook the solution is to simply run Act 'as administrator'  (Close Act then right-click on the Act! icon and choose 'Run as Administrator' instead of the usual double-click to launch).

Failing that, I'd recommend working through the below Knowledge-Base article that deals with this issue specifically:

KB 38196 - Error: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when clicking a contact ema...

If you have any questions about any steps, feel free to ask them here!

Copper Contributor

I was wondering if any of the Act addins that I have installed could be causing my issues. I have just tried to uninstall Outlook IntegrateR1 but for some reason it won't allow me to uninstall. Maybe uninstalling in Safe mode will help?

Capture16.PNG

Administrator

It certainly could be the case - unfortunately I'm not super familiar with the inner workings of a lot of third-party addins.

If you're having issues getting it uninstalled that may indicate the addin having other issues which could be causing the problem. In the case that you're not able to get it to uninstall I'd recommend contacting the developers of that particular addin - MondoCRM.

Looks like this is their website - http://www.mondocrm.com/product/outlook-integrate-r1/ and they do have a 'support' section there. Either way, if you can uninstall it we'll be able to rule it out as a potential cause!

Copper Contributor

I emailed mondocrm asking for help on how to uninstall R1, waiting for their reply but in the meantime I tried to uninstall in Safe mode but it still wouldn't allow me to uninstall...

Copper Contributor

I take back my initial rant about Act, turns out my problem was with the Act add-on Outlook Integrate R1. 

I emailed mondocrm yesterday and asked them how to remove R1 as the uninstaller didn't remove their add-on. They never responded to my email so I used Iobit Uninstaller to forcibly remove R1 from my system.

After a reboot I did a mail merge to check and success, Act now works properly without crashing.

Thanks for your help Jon!

Copper Contributor

Spoke to soon, now I'm getting this error...

Not sure if its related to me forcibly removing R1?

Capture18.PNG

Administrator

Hmm, that error message can mean a few things.

In this case, I think it's likely that some of the key integration files are missing (possibly removed by the uninstaller).

I'd recommend a reinstall of Act! if that's possible - as well as possibly running Office repairs from Programs and Features (right click on office and choose modify).

Sorry this has been such a run-around, hopefully we're close to a resolution here.