Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

More beefed up version

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

More beefed up version

The palm application for ACT 2009 is very limited.  I have noticed what I'm looking for with more beefed up abilities like ACTs PALM but I havn't seen any for ACT 2009.  Is there one out there that I have not seen?  Is it under developement?  Has it been decided not to release one?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamcolby
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: More beefed up version

[ Edited ]

Developement of ACT! for Palm was discontinued version 3.0. The highest version of ACT! that this will work with is ACT! 2008 (10.x). Sage is currently testing alternate handheld sync options, but as of now the available applications for Palm sync are the ACT! Link for Palm or a separate third-party application called CompanionLink.

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-23-2009 10:34 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamcolby
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

Developement of ACT! for Palm was discontinued version 3.0. The highest version of ACT! that this will work with is ACT! 2008 (10.x). Sage is currently testing alternate handheld sync options, but as of now the available applications for Palm sync are the ACT! Link for Palm or a separate third-party application called CompanionLink.

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-23-2009 10:34 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Just to add to what Greig said, Palm themselves have said they are dropping the PalmOS in favour of Windows Mobile and their new WebOS

I posted some links about this on my blog here:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2008/12/sage-to-discontinue-act-for-palm-os.html

Tuned Listener

I now have a Blackberry Storm and plan on looking for an ACT addon that allows me to sync between ACT & Outlook.  Once done, I can sync between Outlook & my Blackberry.  It may involve a few steps but having used ACT companion under 2005, I am hoping for a more stable solution. 

To sync ACT! to Outlook, try CompanionLink

For a more complete data sync from ACT! directly to the Blackberry, try Handheld Contact

I personally find the problem going via Outlook means that users lose data and/or duplicate the database

Tuned Listener

FYI - I went to the Handheld Contact site and it does NOT support the Blackberry Storm yet. A friend told me that Verizon told Blackberry that they HAD to release the Storm or lose the biz so they released using other Blackberry software.  The Storm is Verizon's answer to the iPhone and they will supposedly have a nifty new release in the not too distant future.

I have used Companion Link with my old PDA and ACT! 2005.  I worked GREAT until it quit and then it was just a boat anchor. I may have to work my way through the duplicate contact issue.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try and let you know how it works out.

I think the Storm version should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks for the Sage Insights conference in May
Copper Contributor

CompanionLink supports the BB Storm.  You'll need to download a free software update for your CompanionLink software in order for it to work.  The Storm uses a newer version of the BlackBerry OS, which necessitates the update on CompanionLink's side.