Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Monthly Product

Monthly Product

Hi,

We are a SaaS provider and work on 36 months contracts and I was wondering if ACT! allows monthly products for a certain term?

Thanks,

Rob

Administrator

Re: Monthly Product

Hi Rob,

Out of the box, Act! only supports the simple product fields and associated fields shown in the screenshot below.
Act!_2017-06-05_14-33-31.png

A third-party addon may have the scope to do what you need.

Thanks for the reponse.  Anyones you can recommend that are free please @Gary W?

Thanks

Administrator

Not off the top of my head. I tend to leave the addon expertise to our Partners on the Community.
http://actaddons.com is a good resource for finding addons, and would be my suggestion for finding things like this.
Copper Super Contributor

There is not a really nice way to do this that I know of. I have done work arounds to get alarms, forecasting, and reporting for monthly services. I recommend you create some custom fields in the opportunity for data items such as start date, end date, number of payments, total revenue, yearly revenue, Lifetime Value Est ( 7 years of revenue). In the products you can do a product for each year or quarter or month of revenue. Each yields different dashboards/reports. Testing some combinations of these may get you some of the results you are looking for.

As for Addons, the only approach I know of is to build custom table linked to the opportunities to show payments due. That would require a bunch of importing or
manual updating. Topline Results and Durkin Tools offer addon custom table tools. I don't see that as a good solution, but it would be worth testing and reviewing if you need more data.

If you needed to update / edit / import a bunch of legacy data into Act! Opportunities; or adding/linking Products to Opportunites; or use custom tables linked to Opportunites ; the add on tool OAK!Merge can help you. OAK!Merge imports, updates, or deletes data in most areas of ACT!, including products. opportunities and custom tables.

Alan Lee
ACT Consultant
www.OAKMerge.com