Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modifying/creating report templates -

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Modifying/creating report templates -

Hi - is there anyone out there who would be willing to get me started with report template modification/creation? I've created reports before w other applications but ACT! templates are not intuitive for me. I've worked with support recently and am still stuck! It could be that I'm trying to do something that can no longer be done.

I'm trying to modify or create a new Comprehensive Group report that would also includ the contact history and notes for each contact in the group. We have such a report in V 6.0 but we're getting ready to upgrade to V11.0. I believe this report will convert but just in case - I want to know how it was done (report created by someone know longer at our organization).

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Libby

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author susan_libby
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Modifying/creating report templates -

Contact Roy_Laudenslage on the ACT! Community.  He'll probably give you some advice to get your started.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author susan_libby
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Contact Roy_Laudenslage on the ACT! Community.  He'll probably give you some advice to get your started.

Thanks - i just read all his posts and will probably get in touch with him. It's comforting to see that I'm not the only one frustrated with the template creation/modifying process!

Susan

Susan Libby

I agree, I used Act 2000 for years and found it very flexible in creating reports... Act 2009 V11.0 not so much...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually ACT! 2000 was limited in what could be done in reports and had several problems dating from ACT! 3 that were never resolved. The present ACT! report editor has capabilities and flexibility far beyond what was possible with the ACT! 3-6 reports. However, the limited capabilities of the ACT! 3-6 reports made them fairly easy for the novice to use. The ACT! 2005 and later reports do have a significant learning curve.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129