Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modifying Opportunity

Modifying Opportunity

I'm testing out ACT 2008 and looking to implement for our small sales team, but I've come across quite a major sticking point with the Opportunity fields. I need to customise the fields so that I can add a date entry. We are a service provider for the events industry, therefore every sale we make is for a specific hire period ie. a number of days. I go to Tools > Define Fields, but when I try to change the Opportunity Fields it will not allow me to change type to a date. Even if I continue using Character and add the date in, there is no way to add this to the Quote form, rendering it useless. Is there any way of customising this or can anyone come up with a work around? As I say, the non-ability to do this basically makes the software useless to us and - I would have thought - any business that offers a hire based service rather than products. Thoughts and any suggestions to other software would be much appreciated! Smiley Happy
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Modifying Opportunity

I also use ACT 2008 and dates in Opportunity fields. I had any problem to change the format.

Did you receive an error?

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Sorry, do you mean you did have a problem or not? I don't get an error message - it's just that the fields are greyed out so it won't let me change what type they are, they have to be Character. I'm using ACT 2008 standard edition by the way, not the premium one...
Nickel Elite Contributor

Are you using the Standard Version trial? I believe that option is restricted to the Premium version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Sorry, I didn't understand that you are testing the Standard version of ACT! So, Royel is right, this feature is available in Premium Only.

Have a look at Feature Comparison Chart to see differences between the 2 versions of ACT.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }