Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modifying Contact Report

Modifying Contact Report

I want to try to modify the Contact Report in ACT 2009 (version 11.0); However, before I do the "Save As", I'm thinking that I read somewhere that the Contact Report is one of the few ACT reports that's "hardwired" into the rest of the program, and that making any modifications even to a "Saved As" version will mess up the rest of the program, even to running the original report.  Does anyone know if this is true?  If so, what's the procedure for making modifications to the Contact Report?

Thanks in advance for yur help, folks -- I really appreciate it!

Tim Taggart

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Modifying Contact Report

Hello Tinytimtx,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You can save any of the reports to a new name and customize them, the Contact Report is no different (I've made several copies/updates to my Contact Report).  What you may have seen was a reference to the amount of coding used in Sub-Reports and background scipting for the Contact Report.  To edit the Contact Report, you'll definitely want to perform a Save As and then update the new version.

FYI - should you update the original Contact Report template and find that you need to revert back it back to 'original' state, you can copy the Contact Report template from the Demo database or create a new database and copy it's Contact Report template.  This applies to all provided templates.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, Greg -- I appreciate your help!

Tim

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you're referring to was one of the report problems with ACT! version 3-6. However list of problem reports didn't include the contact report. That said. I don't and I discourage modifying any of the standard reports unless the changes are very simple. Even then I go through the report to locate any script programming and hidden fields. In most cases you're better off starting from scratch and building the report template that you need.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you, Roy, for your help -- I'm grateful to you.