Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modify fields in Opportunity/ Product Services

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Modify fields in Opportunity/ Product Services

Hi,

I am new to ACT v11 and I work with electronic devices that go onto circuit boards. My customer may produce 10,000 boards per year and on each board he has 4 transistors so my Quantity field in Products/Services is 4x10,000= 40,000.

Is there a way for me to modify or add a field in the Products/Services tab to make it a bit smarter?

Regards,

Val

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jval
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Modify fields in Opportunity/ Product Services

Val this is not possible so maybe it would be best to rethink how you put the data in to reflect the result you are trying to achive. If wach board is 4 transistors why not have this as the product and then x 10,000 at a unit price say of $2 will sum to $20,000. The product is the product and the units is the total of the Product being sold. If you want to break this down further maybe you need to use one of the quoting addons like qwickquote or quoteworks
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jval
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Modify fields in Opportunity/ Product Services

Val this is not possible so maybe it would be best to rethink how you put the data in to reflect the result you are trying to achive. If wach board is 4 transistors why not have this as the product and then x 10,000 at a unit price say of $2 will sum to $20,000. The product is the product and the units is the total of the Product being sold. If you want to break this down further maybe you need to use one of the quoting addons like qwickquote or quoteworks
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.