Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modify Opportunities for Contacts

Modify Opportunities for Contacts

We are making a custom opportunities layout and would like to make multiple fields that are each linked the contacts.  The idea is to add a single contact and other info associated with contacts to unique fields for a purchaser, owner, and installer.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

TIM

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Modify Opportunities for Contacts

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

I believe you are wanting to link Contact and Opportunity fields the way Contact and Company fields can be linked.  If that is correct, there isn't a function within Sage ACT! to do this.

Greg Martin
Sage

I would like to make a new opportunity field that can be populated with a singkle contact similar to the way the Association box works. It is less of linking and more of a need to populate a field for reporting purposes without retyping everything.

TIM 

There are some field calculation add-ons available that will copy from field to field, but I don't believe they will copy fields across tables (Contact table to Opportunity table). If you'd like to take a look, here is one (not a recommendation, just an example - there are a few available):
- http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=90

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks, that is not quite what I need.

Really what we need is to have three association boxes.  Is that possible or can you we make a new custom field that works like the association box?

There isn't an option within the program for creating a field similar to the association boxes.
Greg Martin
Sage