Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modify Anchor Date

Modify Anchor Date

Setting up a new database for an existing company and need to set an Activity Series based on the date the prospect became a customer.  However can not find any information on how to change the anchor date.  Is there an ini file that would help me or is there another suggestion on how I can create activites based on a field? 

Also have version 6.0 which does not to seem to have a scheduler add-on allowing a reminder icon on toolbar.  Need something like that for the users to be reminded of their tasks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Modify Anchor Date

Activity series anchor dates are set when you create the activity

Look for SideACT to have alarms in the SysTray

Thanks for the info on SideACT...I will check that out.  Put as far as the anchor date question I don't want the activity series to be based on the anchor date but on the date created.  How do you do that?

You want to automate the creation of the series based on a field in the database?

This is not a standard function in ACT!, but could be added via the SDK

Realized that I have version 2007 which does not have the option of the scheduler.  Is there a way to set up the activity series based on the date created field rather than the anchor date.  Don't want to have to call in a programmer. 

jrooke wrote:
Realized that I have version 2007 which does not have the option of the scheduler.  Is there a way to set up the activity series based on the date created field rather than the anchor date.  Don't want to have to call in a programmer. 

I'm not sure... but you might try this add-on http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/sales_auto_mgr.asp