Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing word processor

Tuned Listener

Missing word processor

I have just re-installed ACT 9.0.1 on my laptop as a stand alone installation. I did not run a set-up once the software was installed because I used the restore feature to recover a back-up copy of my data. The computer was reformated and all software reinstalled. Under the tools/prefferances/communication tab there is no word processer listed nor is ther one in the drop down. I had already installed MS Word 2003 prior to installing ACT. I want to use Word but neither Word or the ACT word processor are availible.

Any help??

Bronze Contributor

Re: Missing word processor

I woudl think that the reinstall has failed in some way. I would think that doing a repair to the install from add/remove programs might solve this problem as you say there is not ACT word processor.

When doing the repair make sure you are logged onto the machine with Administrator privlidges.

Failing this log onto the machine as Administrator account and startup ACT and see if after opening the demo data base is the menu available and this would indicate a problem with your profile.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.