Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing tabs contact layout ACT 2005

Missing tabs contact layout ACT 2005

I'm running ACT! 2005 under Windows 7 and I'm having an issue.  On my contacts section of the program, all the tabs on the bottom are missing.  The weird thing is that it works fine with Windows XP but I can't seem to get the tabs to show up at all in Windows 7.  I've already tried setting the compatibility to Windows XP (SP3) and Windows 2000.  I've also tried running it as administrator but it still won't show up.  The whole section is blank.  The top half of the contacts shows all the details for the contact but everything else that is supposed to show up with the default layout are missing.  I'm not using any customized layout, just whatever ACT has by default.  Only the Windows 7 machine is having problems.  I have ACT running on other XP machines fine.

I also tried another suggestion in another posted topic, which was to go to the layout designer and make sure the tabs are unhidden.  There is nothing hidden, the whole section is empty.  The contact template that I'm using is the basic layout 1024x768.  I tried switching to the basic layout 800x600 but the tabs still won't show up.

Does anyone know how to get the lower portion of tabs to show up or is ACT! 2005 not compatible with Windows 7?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Missing tabs contact layout ACT 2005

Act! 2005 is not supported on Windows 7, so your options are limited.  If you keep your eyes open, you might find here or elsewhere on the internet that someone has a workaround, but being that Act! 2005 was released in 2004, it could be a tough one...

Thanks, I just wanted to ask.  I already checked google but there doesn't seem to be any solution to my problem.  I suppose that it's just not compatible with Windows 7.

Maybe someone could give us an eqitable solution for upgrading ???

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Gary,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

For pricing, I recommend that you contact our Sales group at 866-873-2006.

Depending on your customization needs, you may want to contact an ACT! Certified Consultant: Locate ACT! Certified Consultant

Greg Martin
Sage

I'm having the same problem with a brand new ACT! Pro 2012!!??