Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing records

Missing records

Hi there,

one of our customers uses act! version 10 (2008) hotfix 1. Its a simple client server situation, with one sbs 2003 server and 8 client PCs. They have about 6800 people in their act DB. over the past week or two we have had a few phone calls from them saying that clients are simply vanishing from their DB, now because they have so many that they cant remember each one, however they have noticed that one customer for example that they do a lot of work with has gone, and a business who they have had a lot of dealings with, just gone.

its not like file corruption as i assume this would effect the whole file, its almost like someone is deleting them, but nobody i nthe company would do this, any ideas or pointers would be great!

Thank you 

Re: Missing records

When a user deletes a contact, it will create a history entry under their My Record.  Check all the user's history tab to see which user may have deleted the contacts.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to retrieve the deleted contacts unless they have a backup.

Thank you for the information, as i have never really used act could you please explain how i get to the user history tabs to check this?

anyone?