Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing info on labels

Missing info on labels

Help! I created a label template with several data fields. When printing labels some labels print completely, while others are missing entire fields of data (eg: company name). Checking the contact record or the incorrectly printed labels, I can see that the data field is populated and correct. I also did a "test" where I duplicated the same contact record 12 times. The records were each identical except for a number reference I inserted as the contact's middle name so I could see the difference between contacts when printing. I have the same problem when printing the "duplicated" contact labels, some labels print all the data correctly and completely while other labels are missing entire fields - the label positions that print incorrectly also vary on each page.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Missing info on labels

What version of ACT! are you using? Did you create your label template by modifying a standard template?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for helping! I am using ACT 2008 (10.0) and I created my own template because ACT does not have a standard template for the label I use which is Avery 5164 (3 1/3" X 4" - 6 per sheet)
Platinum Elite Contributor

Without directly examining the template it's impossible to say what may be happening. The most likely guess that I have is that it has something to do with the basic template structure itself. I've created a number of different format custom labels but I do it by editing the template XML code and even then it's difficult to get it correct.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy - I believe the problem is in the template itself and I have been working on creating a new one. So far the new template seems to poulate the labels correctly. Now however, the page formatting seems to be an issue. Well Ill keep trying as I think I am on the right track now thanks to your assistance!