Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing fields in reports

Missing fields in reports

I created a new report for a database but some of my custom fields do not show up when I print the report.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Missing fields in reports

Most likely you are mixing fields from different database tables in the same section of the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I am having the same issue.  I notice that when I have my Report Designer open, I show for example on my fields that print:  [C:AgentName].  My fields that do not print:  [My:ExternalAccountNumber]. 

I don't have any hardrives named "My" and this is the only reference I have to "My". 

I wonder if my problem is related to the database problem you mentioned, and if you know how I might identify whether or not it is.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That field only takes data from the My record. You need to delete the field from the template and reinsert the field as a contact field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you, I'll give it a try.....

O.K, So now I have found out how to make feilds into contact records as opposed to "my record"s.  However, even when I sign on as the original owner of this database, and try to insert a new field into a record, reports will still not print this record, and when I go into edit template, the field still shows as "my record".  I cannot find a way to delete these feilds, or I would delete them, and then recreate them as contact records so I could actually use them on my reports.  Any suggestions as to how I would go about doing this?