Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing /corrupted business phone numbers after upgrade to ACT 2008 Version 10.0.3.182

tl3

Missing /corrupted business phone numbers after upgrade to ACT 2008 Version 10.0.3.182

I updated today only to find that many of my non-US contacts have lost the telephone numbers in the business filed (other fields seem unaffected). 

My contact address has United Kingdom in the country code and I indicated at upgrade that I was US (my home address is US)

When I press F8, I can see the number but on the screen it is just 1 ().  As soon as I click on the number while in F8 mode, it disappears and can not be recovered (the option to undo changes to contact is not available).  I have a database with about 8,000 contacts and many do not have country codes. 

Is there a fix to get these numbers back?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Missing /corrupted business phone numbers after upgrade to ACT 2008 Version 10.0.3.182

tl3,

You need to go into Tools/Preferences and under the General Tab, uncheck 'Always Show Country Codes'

Once you have done that, you need to reinstall your 10.0.3 software. The update was re-released to include a hotfix that will fix this issue.  

You can do this by uninstalling what is currently installed on your machine, then reinstall from your original install source. Once that is complete, open ACT and go to Help/ACT! Update and download and apply the new update.

It is very important is to not have your cursor in the phone field and switch through your contacts while this option is enabled. If you have done this with several contacts, it is very likely you will need to restore a backup to get those numbers back. If you have added data since the update that you want to retain, I would recommend restoring your backup using restore as. That way you can give it a different name and compare records.