Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing contact name, address and email address Act! Pro 2011

Missing contact name, address and email address Act! Pro 2011

I'm new to using ACT! database.

We upgraded to Pro 2011 last year and we transferred all of our contact information from the old computer/version. However, I can't see the contact names, addresses and email addresses for all contacts. I have the company names, phone numbers, city, state and zip code. I'm not sure if all that information is lost for good or if there is some kind of filter that is turned off and we can't see the information.

We know that at one stage we had all the contact information. How could they all be deleted?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Missing contact name, address and email address Act! Pro 2011

Hello Maxsacks,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The data may be in the database, but in a field that is not displayed by default.  You can determine if the data is there using the following options:

- Export the data to a CSV file.  This will show all of the contact fields and which ones contain data.  Determine the field name for the missing data.  This is done through File > Export > select CSV option.

- Customize the columns in the Contact List view to look for the missing data.  Again, determining the correct field name that contains the data.  This is done through: Contact List view > View > Customize Columns.

Greg Martin
Sage