Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Toolbar Icons

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Missing Toolbar Icons

Recently installed v21, shared using 2008R2 Express server.

On my Windows 7 system I've lost the lookup tiles I set for Company, First Name, Last Name along with the Sync Database tile (remote to publisher).

Nothing I know of prompted this and I've never seen it do this before.

Should I just reset them and hope they stick? Any ideas what may have caused this?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Missing Toolbar Icons

Hello...  Note that this action will reset your toolbars and menus back to program defaults and remove any customize icons or menu items you may have added. Please follow the steps below to reset your toolbars:

1. From the main menu, click Tools, select Customize, select Reset Menus and Toolbars
  2. Click OK to confirm
  3. Verify menu and toolbars are present
    Note: If not present, close and reopen Act!

Alternate method:

1. Right click on the menu bar (File/Edit/View...).
  2. Click Contact Detail Toolbar.
  3. Contact Detail toolbar should reappear.

Good luck and do not forget to make a daily backup of your database (File - Backup - Database - Click on Browse to make this backup in your Documents folder - Include the attachments) and at the end I suggest additionally place COPY of that ZIP File of the backup on a USB drive or External disk for more security (In case of Virus or damage to the server's hard disk)

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Missing Toolbar Icons

I'll try that, but it seems only some of the icons I placed on the Contact Detail toolbar are gone, not the entire toolbar itself.

That is just the custom set icons are missing. Thanks