Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Field on Contact Form Layout

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Missing Field on Contact Form Layout

I am customizing my Contact Form layout and the Messenger ID field is not an option when I go to add a field to the layout. If I go to Tools--> Define Fields, under Contacts it is showing it as a field and I never tried to edit it as I believe it is a system default.

Any idea what happened to the Messenger Field or how to retrieve it? I do not believe it was ever part of the Contact form layout either.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Missing Field on Contact Form Layout

It sounds like the Messenger ID field may be 'hiding' underneath another filed, or in a tabbed area, somewhere on your layout. Fields can only be added once to a layout, so if it is not in the filed selection list, it's on the layout somewhere.

If you do an F4 in the layout editor, this will bring up the Properties Window. In the drop down at the top, scroll down to Messenger ID and select it. The properties will be displayed below, including the location as to where the field appears on the layout. You can edit these location co-ordinates to move the field into view. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

It sounds like the Messenger ID field may be 'hiding' underneath another filed, or in a tabbed area, somewhere on your layout. Fields can only be added once to a layout, so if it is not in the filed selection list, it's on the layout somewhere.

If you do an F4 in the layout editor, this will bring up the Properties Window. In the drop down at the top, scroll down to Messenger ID and select it. The properties will be displayed below, including the location as to where the field appears on the layout. You can edit these location co-ordinates to move the field into view. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Yeah!! Thanks Trevor, you fixed me right up