Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mircsoft Word

Mircsoft Word

I purchased a vista laptop and transfer my data base to the new laptop and I can not get MS Word to appear in the word processor drop down box. It was working fine on my old laptop with XP. Any help would be appreciated on how to get MS word to work!!!

Thanks

Rocco

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Mircsoft Word

Rocco,

You need to specify which version of Act! and which version of MS Office you are using.

MrWright

Act is 2007 9.0 & MS Home & Student 2007

Thanks

Rocco

Copper Elite Contributor

Rocco,

I'm not going to say you didn't have it working, but according to the specifications, it is not compatible with either Vista or Office 2007.  Here is the link:  Answer ID 21940, ACT! by Sage 2007 Product Family System Requirements.

Now, If you did have it working, then it may have everything to do with the ording in which you installed the products.  When installing Act!, the best practice is to install Office first, then install Act!  If you did not do this, you can try uninstalling Act! and then resintalling it.  That may correct the problem.

Another alternative is to get a version of Act! that is Vista / Office 2k7 compatible, which would be Act! 2009 (v11.0).

MrWright