Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Migration tools

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Migration tools

I have purchased the Sage ACT Pro 2011 v 13.1.111.0 .hotfix 1 and I would like the tool or knowledgebase reference to migrate my older Sage ACT Sage 2010 v 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3 backup to import to the new software. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Migration tools

Hello ManyQuestions,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

If you are installing ACT! 2011 onto the same computer that has ACT! 2010, you will simply open the database with the new software and it will update accordingly.  If you are working on different computers or with a backup file created with the ACT! 2010 software (using File > Backup > Database), you will use the Restore function found under the File menu in ACT! 2011.

Here is an article with Backup and Restore instructions: KB Article 19211

If same computer, here is an article for updating from a previous version: KB Article 26750

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello ManyQuestions,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

If you are installing ACT! 2011 onto the same computer that has ACT! 2010, you will simply open the database with the new software and it will update accordingly.  If you are working on different computers or with a backup file created with the ACT! 2010 software (using File > Backup > Database), you will use the Restore function found under the File menu in ACT! 2011.

Here is an article with Backup and Restore instructions: KB Article 19211

If same computer, here is an article for updating from a previous version: KB Article 26750

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks that did it on the new machine!