09-14-2009 02:20 PM
Please do this.
1) Close ACT!.
2) Open a command window / DOS prompt on your machine.
3) Navigate to the location you install ACT! (\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows)
4) Type "MachineConfigUpdater.exe"
5) Launch ACT!
Work with the program as normal and see if you continue to encounter the error.
Post your results please.
09-14-2009 02:36 PM
Regarding your directions, when I open a command line, it brings me to a prompt: C:\ Document and Settings\HP_Administrator>
My Act program is located at: C:\ Document and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\ACT\Act for Windows11\Databases
Can you help me out with the directions of how I navigate to the above in the command window? Thanks!
09-15-2009 11:31 AM
1) From Start|Run type "cmd" without the quotes.
2) Next type "cd\" no quotes.
3) Now type "cd\Program files\act\act for windows" no quotes (this is assuming you installed to the default location @ install time).
4) Type "MachineConfigUpdater.exe" no quotes and press return.
5) Type "exit" to close the command window.
Run the program as you normally would.
09-15-2009 01:42 PM
1) From START|Run type Regedit
2) Expand key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3) Expand the key SOFTWARE
4) Expand the key ACT
5) Click on the key Install
6) Review the entry InstallPath
This is the location of where you have install the actual ACT! Product.
09-21-2009 02:06 PM