Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup error upon installing ACT! 2007 (9.0)

Tuned Listener

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup error upon installing ACT! 2007 (9.0)

Upon installing ACT! 2007 (9.0), I get the following error message:

SQL Server Setup could not validate the service accounts. Either the service accounts have not been provided for all of the services being installed, or the specified username or password is incorrect. For each service, specify a valid username, password, and domain, or specify a built-in system account.

I have had a ACT! 2008 (10.0) Trial installed on the computer before (the installation was completed without any problems).

Before beginning installing ACT! 2007 (9.0) I uninstalled all .NET Framework (all versions), the SQL software, and the MSXML Services.

Any ideas what to do now?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup error upon installing ACT! 2007 (9.0)

Sounds like a part of SQL is still there.

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible. Try it and post back if any of he items fail

Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if istill there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework from MS web site (only for XP, not Vista)- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 9
Install ACT! 9.01 patch if the previous install was the previous build
Install Hotfix3
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup error upon installing ACT! 2007 (9.0)

Also, when you run the uninstaller.exe, make sure you select to remove the SQL Server instance