Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332)

Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332)

Hello Mike,

I am having the same problem when I tried to download the Microsoft Update

When I tried to download the update the download window just sat there, did nothing, finally after overnight ( no error window) I cancelled it.  Then I opened ACT and it could not find the database.  After a reboot it was ok.   Next time I made sure everything was closed.  Tried it again same thing!! I was given no errors.   I have ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1   My Window Event Logs says:  The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance SQLEXPRESS is not valid.   Any ideas?

Rebecca 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Similar situation with Act 2009. The update fails with error code 1400.

Any solutions out there?

I am wondering if this update has failed for others and they do not know it, since unless you look in your Windows Update History, you may never know that it failed.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Just out of curiosity I tried running this update again after installing HotFix 4 on ACT2009 Premium.  Unfortunately the same error message.   I would post the image of the error message here but I can't unless I upload it to an image hosting server.  (Why do these forums make us jump through hoops just to post a simple jpeg file?)   The gist of the error is:  "The database mailist could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know if ACT has released an update which will solve this problem?   I still have not installed this SP4.   Thanks.