Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 365 home) and ACt 16 Hot Fix 2 problems

Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 365 home) and ACt 16 Hot Fix 2 problems

On My laptop computer:

Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 2

Outlook   15.4505..1510  (Office 365 Home Premium)

Database is a local machine and synced to a server.

Windows 8  (not 8.1)

I can  not get ACT Outlook add in to stay checked - (this along with other add ins like 4Team Duplicate Checker) don't stay checked

when enabled and Outlook is restarted.   It works fine on my desktop Windows 8 machine and my wife;'s computer which is Windows 7.  ACT Ouitlook integration is running.  It syncs calendars fine.

I have tried most solutions available including

- uninstalling reinstalling ACT and updating to HotFix 2

- confirm registry entries as per a post here.

- run outlook as an adminstrator

- run System Mechanic to check for registry errors

- I tried disabling all other add ins in Outlook and only kept Redemption and VBA - ACT Outlook add in doesn't load (and says behavoir - unloaded)

Other MSCORE.dll add in don't load either like Teamviewer, 4Team Duplicate  Remover, and of course ACT -- I need this to work to record email history.

I believe this worked fine for a while when I loaded ACT 16 last month. I had ACT 2013 running on this machine before and history worked fine.

Any ideas?

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 365 home) and ACt 16 Hot Fix 2 problems

Act! does not support integration with the Office 2013 (Office 365) product. The only Office 2013 products that are supported with Act! v16, are the non click-to-run versions of Office Home & Student, Home & Business, and Professional 2013.

You may be able to get assistance from An Act! Certified Consultant to get it working in the current unsupported environment. You can use this search to find an Act! Certified Consultant:

http://www.act.com/partners/act-certified-consultants/

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

That may be true -- however, all of these programs includng ACT Add In work on my Windows 8 desktop computer. ACT Add Ins work fine in Excel and Word. My desktiop has Durkin Impact Toolkit and my laptop doesn't -- maybe that makes a difference.  We have Office 365 Home Premium but it is installed on these PCS and doesn't stream.

I would think that ACT 16 would work with all versions of Outlook 2013 since it is targeted towards small business 3Tand I would hope a patch would come out to fix this.

Note that all MSCOREE.DLL add ins including Teamviewer, 4Team Duplicate REmover, and ACT don't work on my laptop - so it is probably something else.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Synimagic,

I had this issue this morning, try going to COM Add-ins in outlook, look for the redemption helper Outlook Extension, if this has a check in it, uncheck it, and put a check in ACT! Outlook Addin. It should now work, please let me know if this helps

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Hi

It doesn't work -- I even disabled all Outlook extensions except this one and restarted Outlook but it doesn't stay checked.

Important note: It says Locatoin: MSCOREE.DLL,  Load Behavoir: Unlioaded,   This is the same message for Teanveiwer and Outlook Duplicate Remover.   Other add ins load normally or say "Loaded at Startup".

Any ideas?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello,

The only other thing I can think of is trying this KB Act! Compatibility with Microsoft® Office 2013 I know it's for version 15 but trying running the files and see what happens. Did you have a previous version of ACT! or Outlook on the machine at any time in the past?

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Hi Kurt:

Which KB should I look at?

Yes -- on my laptop I did I have the previous version of ACT - I forgot if I had a previous version of Outlook -- I may have had one at one time - I do have a previous version of Access - 2007 only as well as Office 2013 because we need it to (Access 2007)  synchronize an old propriertary type database - but I doubt that is the problem.

I figured this out.

I think what made it work is this:  Uninstalled Team Viewer Outlook Add In and updated MS Office Home PRemium (online)

Now both ACT add in works and Outlook Duplcate Remover works (4Team)   which both use MSCOREE.DLL

I also uninstalled other things that I thought were redundanc t

Copper Contributor

Any other suggestions, Kurt? I have Professional Plus and still no joy. I did run the reg updates from the Act 2013 KB but that didn't help either. Turning off Redemption didn't do anything. The Sync features integration but Outlook refuses to see the Act Address Book and so no history integration.

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group
Nickel Super Contributor

Have you checked the macro security settings in trust center?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT