Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microsoft Office Outlook - Shuts Down

Microsoft Office Outlook - Shuts Down

Currently running ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12 w/Windows XP w/all service packs installed and Outlook 2003 Version 11

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 shuts down almost immediately after opening.  When I attempt to restart Outlook, it continues to flag the error - before you say to go to Microsoft, the log file contains a dump that points back to an object created by Sage.  Any guidance surrounding this item would be greatly appreciated.

I have the log file and would be happy to attach.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Microsoft Office Outlook - Shuts Down

To help isolate the issue, you will want to remove the Act!/Outlook integration.  You can do this through the Act! program > Tools > Preferences > Email System Setup.  Go through the steps and first remove the Act! address book from Outlook. 

Once it has been removed, test opening Outlook. 

If it still fails to open, you can then remove Outlook as the selected email system in the Email System Setup screens.

If Outlook is now able to open, you will want to run the Office 'Detect and Repair' option under the Outlook Help menu.  Once that is run, try reconnecting Act! and Outlook.

To help navigate the Email System Setup screens, here is an article with steps for integrating Act! and Outlook:

KB Article 22983

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Microsoft Office Outlook - Shuts Down

I resolved the issue by upgrading Outlook to 2010...this has eliminated the issue in its entirety.

Thanks for the thoughts and advice.