Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Message on booting up computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Message on booting up computer

Have recently installed ACTPro V18 on windows 10. Now every time I boot my computer I get the message, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?". Can someone tell me how to clear this so it does not come up every time I boot my computer?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Repro8100
‎02-17-2016 02:15 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Message on booting up computer

The message is to do with running ACT as a windows administrator. You need to run ACT as administrator for things like registering the software etc but once you have ACT running the way you want it to you do not have to run as windows administrator.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi there, the message you are receiving is typically caused by a Windows feature called User Account Control (or UAC). This is a feature designed by Windows as an extra level of security so you have to confirm that you want certain programs to run.

UAC can be disabled, but there are risks in doing so. I found the below article by doing a quick Google search which helps to explain the situation with UAC, and what you can do if you want to avoid the popups:

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-run-everything-in-administrator-mode-and-why-you-shouldnt-do-it...

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I am wondering if I turned off the Administrator button on ACT if this would eliminate the pop-up and still allow me to use the Application? I believe turning off the Administrator can be done easily but I am concerned on what the side effects in using the program might be. Then I do not have to change any of the UAC settings, which apparently after reading the article are touchy in maintaining security on the computer. Any thoughts on this?
Solution
Accepted by topic author Repro8100
‎02-17-2016 02:15 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

The message is to do with running ACT as a windows administrator. You need to run ACT as administrator for things like registering the software etc but once you have ACT running the way you want it to you do not have to run as windows administrator.