Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging of two Act databases gives wrong dates

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Merging of two Act databases gives wrong dates

I'm trying to merge two similar Act databases, but all the activities, histories and notes get today's date and loose the original dates. Import and Export give the same result. This works like importing from a txt file. The duplicate checking have the same fields and the user data is the same in both databases. How could I compine those databases so that the actual activity and history dates will  remain?

I 'm using Act v17 Pro 17.1.169.0, Databases are  local on my workstation, Windows 7.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎12-16-2015 05:49 AM

Re: Merging of two Act databases gives wrong dates

I found the solution for the wrong dates during import from one Act database to another Act database. I changed the date format to english (US) in control panel, made the import, changed the date format back to our own (Finland) and the dates were ok.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

The export from the Source database... to the Target database...  It should work properly without changing the dates.

Do not forget to backup the database... before any process... to restore the initial state of the database before starting the import or export.

Best regards and good luck.

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Hi Juan,

I agree, it should work and I've always thought it works, but... I tested it in two v17 environments with the same results. The activity / history dates were today's dates. Have you tested this using v17? Or am I totally missing something?

Thanks,

Wasu

Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎12-16-2015 05:49 AM

I found the solution for the wrong dates during import from one Act database to another Act database. I changed the date format to english (US) in control panel, made the import, changed the date format back to our own (Finland) and the dates were ok.