Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging into Smart Task Emails v2010

Merging into Smart Task Emails v2010

Is it possible to set  up mail merges within the smart task emails so that you can pull information from the contacts record?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Merging into Smart Task Emails v2010

Hello Jbiggs,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Currently there are no options within Smart Tasks that allow the processing of a Mail Merge. 

If you use the E-marketing (Swiftpage) service, you can design templates through that service that will pull information from contact records.  Then using a Smart Task, you can define a Smart Task step to send an E-marketing email using the template.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

This makes absolutely no sense to me!  Why would ACT create the ability to automate emails and then offer an email generator that has no functionality? No ability to add fields, no ability to alter text, no ability to add pictures!

Emarketing through swiftpage is great for large generic email campaigns (I use it for this), but not for day to day conversations with clients.  The email format is different from the way Outlook sends emails (email is centered in page, has an opt-out notice on the bottom, has swiftpage logo, etc) making the email less personal and incongruent from the other outlook emails being sent.

The ONLY reason I upgraded from 2009 to 2011 was for the  automated functionality. In it's current form, it does not meet my needs.

Please fix this deficiency! 

Chuck Krugh

San Clemente, CA

Copper Contributor

I agree.  This feature is non-functioning as far as I'm concerned.  The ability to pull out contact information (something as simple as a first name) is critical and a showstopper for me.  Unfortunately I've already upgraded our office to this version and at this point, with this critical feature left out, and with the limited other features included in the upgrade, our time, money and resources have been wasted and will not recommend this upgrade to anyone.  Very dissappointed.

Agreed! 

I just found this out the hardway - was so excited about smart tasks only to find out you cant do mail merge. How rediculous is that - so if i want to send a day to day email or an update email with generally the same content, i cant even do Hi [contact] and pull any detail from record. Emarketing is no good becuase you cannot check it before it sends. 

Without this feature, the send email function is a complete waste of time!