Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging contacts by opening .grp attached to email?

Merging contacts by opening .grp attached to email?

Hello,

I am having trouble merging contacts from a .grp file sent via email.  The sender says that when he sends the file, he wants it to include (and import/merge) all the contacts from that group.  Unfortunately, when I receive the file, I attach it to some contact/group and open it, then the program gives me the "Group Merge Options" window, but after merging, all I have is an empty group, not attached to any contacts... In fact, when I add the group to an empty database, I still have an empty database, no new contacts or anything. 

What am I doing wrong, or what can the sender do differently, to send contacts with a .grp?  Is there a better way so send a group to those who may not be able to sync?

Also, I am new to groups, so if I am misunderstanding how something works, please correct me or send me a link for an explanation.

Thanks all,

Sean

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Merging contacts by opening .grp attached to email?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

But, I think emailing a grp only sends the Group record, not the attached contacts

I am using version 10.0.3.182 (2008).  The user sending the group is using the same version from a different office.
Platinum Elite Contributor

If they want to send the contacts, they should select contacts or lookup of contacts to attach