Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging QRY

Tuned Listener

Merging QRY

I have several *.qry that do similar funtions.

(e.g show ONLY Ice Cream in field 1, field 2, field 3 ....field 8, show ONLY Cheese in field 1, field 2, field 3 ....field 8 )

What I want to do in merge several queries that will bring back Ice Cream AND Cheese AND Pasta AND Coffee if they appear in  field 1, field 2, field 3 ....field 8)

I can do it in the query builder but will take an age due to the number I of types I need to look up. It could be 200+ queries!

Thanks for any help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Merging QRY

Merging queries is not an option in the ACT! program. There may be an Add-On Product that can do this.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Merging QRY

What exatcly are attempting to do with your queries?

Drive group membership?

Other?

Anyway - here's a little secret:  Act! queries are XML files.  So, not that I have tried this myself, you might be able to open the files in a text or XML editor and cut and paste that way...

Make sure you have copies of your original query and a backup of your database first (not that queries should harm data, but...) and then give it a whirl - if you are brave and don't want to do it manually.