Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Merging Data from multiple Act! Databases - is it possible?

Merging Data from multiple Act! Databases - is it possible?

Using Act 2009 (11.0) -

I am trying to merge 2 databases with 10,000 plus contacts in each.  They are the same databases however database 1 ("DB1") was a version from 12-28-09 when my hard drive crashed.  Database 2 ("DB2") is the same database, but it was an earlier version (from 8-2008), and it also has information from 12-28-09 to 2-22-09 in it because I started using that when my other hard drive crashed.

Now I have retrieved the act database, DB1, from my old hard drive and i want to merge it with DB2.  I want to make sure that when i merge:
1. any duplicates from each database aren't duplicated (there are probably 9,500 contacts that i did not use or modify on either database)

2. there are contacts in DB1 and DB2 that don't exist in the other, and I want to make sure they exist in the new merged version

3. there are approx 500 files that i probably accessed and modified (in DB 2 during the two month period without DB1, and in DB 1 because i had not backed it up for 4 months (since 8-2009))  so i want to make sure the notes/changes exist in new merged database as well as anything from DB

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Re: Merging Data from multiple Act! Databases - is it possible?