Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Menu Animation

Copper Contributor

Menu Animation

I'm using ACT 2009 and I've set the "menu animation" to none.   Every time I start ACT though it reverts back to "system default".   How can I keep it at "none"  ???
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Menu Animation

victord66,

You may have a corrupted copy of the USPreferences206.xml file.  Instructions for correction are here: Answer ID 14618, Preference Settings Lost When ACT! is Restarted.

If that does NOT work, then you can download and run the Preferencesfixer2006.cmd, which can be with instructions here: Answer ID 21108, How to Use The Missing Preferences Tool.

MrWright

Copper Contributor

Thanks but this did not work.   When I restarted ACT the menu animation had reverted to system default.   The second fix seems to only work with ACT 2006.   I have 2009.

Please advise, thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

victord66,

The second option was offered at the bottom of the first option.  I believe it will still work.  Give it a try.

MrWright

Copper Contributor

Thanks, but I'm looking at that second option and it clearly specifies it is to be used on ACT 2006 only.   I am very reluctant to download and run this cmd file for ACT 2006 on an ACT 2009 installation.   Could you please review again, thanks.
Copper Elite Contributor

victord66,

It clearly states at the bottom of Answer ID 14618, Preference Settings Lost When ACT! is Restarted, the following: 

If the above process fails to resolve your issue, please refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:

Title: How to Use The Missing Preferences Tool
Answer ID: 21108

I can't tell you anything else.

MrWright

Copper Contributor

Yes and it also states right on the top of this solution:

Important Notes:

• You must verify the version of ACT! installed to download the appropriate file.  Use Preferencesfixer2006.cmd if ACT! by Sage 2006 (8.0)

This obviously can't be used with ACT 2009.

[ Edited ]

The missing preferences tool is for ACT! 2006 only.

Try manually deleting ACT! preferences.

Close ACT! and go to one of these locations depending on your OS:

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Preferences

Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Preferences

Delete the following files/folder:

preferencesBak.xml

preferencesBak3.xml

preferencesBak6.xml

preferencesBak9.xml

Preferences (folder)
Message Edited by dlunceford on 10-08-2008 02:24 PM
Copper Contributor

Thanks but your instructions will reset all of my menus, toolbars and other settings.  I'd rather not have to go to all that trouble to redo everything and then find out it didn't work.   The only setting that just won't "stay" is this menu animation.   Every time I close and reopen ACT, it goes from "none" to system default.   I really thought there'd be an easier way to correct this.  It really sounds like a progam bug to me.