Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Media Company needs help with multiple issues being shown as weekly income on reports

Media Company needs help with multiple issues being shown as weekly income on reports

We sell adverts in a weekly print newspaper and I need to run a report each week to track the sales that are being made for each weeks issue.

What I find is that if I run any of the reports, even 1 that I write myself, I only get the details of the sale on the week it was entered as closed into the system.  For example if I get a client to sign a contract for 8 weeks/issues today, when I run the report next week and following weeks, it does not show as an income for next week only this week the week I closed the opportunity.

I basically need a report that shows me the income from each weeks issue.

What do I need to do? 

Do I need to enter a new opportunity every week? 

Any help would be great.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Media Company needs help with multiple issues being shown as weekly income on reports

This is the type of help that an ACT! Certified Consultant can provide you.  There is a list of consultants here: http://sagesoftwarecertifiedconsultants.com/CC-Act.  There is a great utility program that can make this work well for you and give you quick and easy reports.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Media Company needs help with multiple issues being shown as weekly income on reports

Based on your description here, there would be a solution for what you want. The actual solution would depend on how automatic you wanted it to work. In any case there isn't a real simple direct way and it needs to be designed specifically for you needs. I would suggest you contact and ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) for help designing your application.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129