Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Massive Duplicates

Massive Duplicates

Good Evening Everyone,

I have 2 old databases I wanted to combine but both of them had some of the same contacts. In addition I had many csv files from my company I had to import as well.

The question is, does anyone know of a way to do a massive duplicate function rather than 2 at a time? My contacts are almost 35000 and probably about 2500 are duplicates. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Silver Contributor

Re: Massive Duplicates

We really like Egen Consulting Duplicate Remover Expert Wizard

http://www.egenconsulting.com/dup-rem-exprt.html

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

PE's solution has the fatal flaw that it destroys the "relationships" tab data when merging.  I have been trying to get them to fix that for many months and in the mean time, I cannot use the product I purchased.

Jon,

Thanks but that look pretty much like a click by click manual process. I could go down my list and select to delete the one I did not want i believe just the same. I was looking for a more automated version.

Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

If you have some programming ability, and your data is simple enough (e.g. no pictures), the best thing might be to export to Excel and write a macro to clean up your contacts, then import them back in.

Copper Contributor

Just watched the demo video on Egen Consulting web site.  It did not mention the ability to merge records, just match potential duplicates and then blow away all but one preferred record.  Dangerous. Apparently no option to carefully study the matched rcords and save important information which duplicate records may have and in the final record.  All that happens is that data that is blown away is placed in a Note.  $149 for this close-but-no-cigar software is not realistic.  I wonder why de-duping in ACT is such a scourge for ACT customers.

Platinum Elite Contributor

First off don't post the same comment to multiple boards and see my response to your other posting.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I will post the same comment to multiple boards if the multiple boards have different people seeking a solution to the same problem. They are doing what I am doing, looking for help with a problem which has several boards with the same theme. That's the problem, not me.

Bronze Contributor

I wanted to post a quick "watch this space" to say that Don has heard the pleas for maintaining relationships after we merge contacts with our duplicate remover expert wizard.  he is working on it and it is almost done - like really almost done.  we are hoping to announce it sometime next week.  So, for those of you waiting it's almost here.  Thanks for your support.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

Oh ... need to post here on this board that my post a few notches up is history. I was grumpy.  Sorry.  I've since communicated with Patricia and Donald Egen, purchased their Duplicate Remover Expert program and it is excellent.  Discussion on another board which also deals with duplicate removal (I found three) .  It's all good.  Apologies for the grumpiness that day.  Pat and Don are certainly dedicated to ACT and its users.