Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Massive Advanced Queries

Massive Advanced Queries

I want to make a customer query by postal codes to get all of the prospects in my territory. 

the problem is that I have about 680 different postal codes to enter.

Is there any way to eigher import the list from excel, or to modify an existing query in excel.

I was able to open an existing query in excel, do all of the modifications, but then I loose the format and ACT won't open it.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Massive Advanced Queries

Hi,

I have tried something similar in my database.

I created a query "by range" of zip codes.

Table = Contact / Field_Name = Postcode / Operator = Greater than or equal to "starting post code" AND

Table = Contact / Field_Name = Postcode / Operator = Smaller  than or equal to "final post code"

How about it ?

It ´s going to work for you ?

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

I wish it was that easy, but here in canada, we use postal codes that are a mix between letters and numbers.  Like N2H 1M2 for exemple.

In the list that I have to import it is only the 3 first digits. and like I said, I have 680 of them.

but thanks for the effort.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Without seeing your list of post codes you want to include, I can't say for sure that some creative use of the query operators would reduce the number of query elements but I think it could. I looked at a chart of Canadian post codes and it looks like it would be possible. For example, if you used a query element of Starts With "V" you would get all the post codes in British Colombia then specific codes could be excluded.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129