Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mass delete history entry in ACT2009 (Swiftpage)

Mass delete history entry in ACT2009 (Swiftpage)

Hi there,

Our company recently upgraded from ACT version 6 to ACT2009. Unfortunately that caused all sorts of dramas, even though the conversion was performed by an ACT consultant. Among other things, all the sales records from May 2000 have become corrupted (entries duplicated etc.). We have been able to work around this and some other issues.

Now, the question I have relates to Swiftpage. The first mass email we sent out created an entry in the history tab for every single contact in the database (approx 2000 contacts). The entry is full of rubbish characters etc and is quite annoying. I could not find a way of disabling this prior to sending out the emails, so I am hoping there is a way of mass-deleting this entry in ACT2009?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I look forward to your replies.

Regards,

Johan

Western Australia

Re: Mass delete history entry in ACT2009 (Swiftpage)

Hi guys,

Is there really noone out there that can help with this one? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

No, you cannot mass delete entries across multiple contacts.

I am having exactly the same difficulty as Johan with ACT 2009 and Swiftpage histories. Per the ACT help menu, ACT history items can be deleted in group or company lookups. However, every time I attempt to do this, ACT freezes and must be closed. Any help is appreciated.

Caroline

Copper Contributor

I have recently run into a problem with Swiftpage corruping my db.  As I'm in the process of fixing the problem, I have used the Tools>Database Maintenance>Remove Old Data function to wipe the histories..unfortunatley it does this across the db.  Going forward, as I just checked with Swiftpage, you can disable the function to write the history when you do an email blast...it's simple:  Go to the orange E on Act>Account>Save in History and uncheck.  No more info to your histories.  One note though, if you use the call feature you will no longer be able to link opens to your call list (I think).  Anyway, hope this helps, sorry it's been 6 months! 

Preston Ehrler

Webvantix.com

J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com