Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mass E-mail

Mass E-mail

I am brand new to ACT, and was wondering if there was a way to send a generic e-mail to say 25 of my customers and set it up so that they do not see all the other addresses attached to the e-mail? And can you use the template program so that it pulls in a template and puts each contacts name etc so it looks like a personnal e-mail??
Copper Contributor

Re: Mass E-mail

Create your email template using the Write|New Letter/Email Template option.  This will allow you to create your template and include user fields from the database if desired.  Then to send it out, do your lookup (or manually select the recipients in the Contact list view), and use Write|Mail Merge to send it out. 

Each email will be personalized and sent individually, not using BCC:, so no one will see the list of recipients.

For more information on sending mail merges, see the ACT! Knowledge Base article at http://tinyurl.com/6y5hvu 

Best Regards,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck...I will give it a shot!

regards

Scott

I cannot figure out how to add a subject to my e-mail merge template.  The merge works great, but I have to edit each e-mail subject line so the e-mail doesn't show up with a blank subject line (which will probably get deleted by the recipient without being read). I'm running Act! 9 on XP with Outlook 2003.  When I create an e-mail template, I cannot find a place to add the subject.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Jef Craig

I am also experiencing this problem and have seen a few posts with no answers.  Anyone???

KD

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

The subject line doesn't go on the template.  When you are ready to send the email, run through the mail merge wizard (Write|Mail Merge) and select email as the output.   The 4th screen of the wizard asks you to enter the subject line for that particular email blast - that's where it goes.

Message Edited by ECSI on 05-25-2010 02:43 PM
Best Regards,

Chuck