Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Marketing emails and reports getting cut off with random characters

Marketing emails and reports getting cut off with random characters

Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0

One of our users has reported that when sending newsletters internally (to our own domain), or sending herself an overview report, the email is getting cut short and replaced with random characters.

It has something to do with either our firewall or Exchange Server 2013 setup as emails sent externally appear fine.

This is how the csv file attachment looks like after 18 lines:  

john.smith@somewhere.com10 00
kin ¢ J('jÛ«zýZ®Æ¬…­\­éZÅç­éZÅçljëavÊlzw\¢hL Áz»"¢qk¢dè

This is an example of the text displayed about 80% into a newsletter:

Or contact us at <a href="�J('j۫z�Z�Ƭ��\��Z����Z��lj�av�lzw\�hK��T�˛���m�0E^�Ȩ�Z�:jג���rШ�ק�<�x*'���N�����w(v)�n­/�>��=Dq�������H_�H��
�)+fH����T�����i�q�ԟ��ewm�\��W;�ES�E0
��ZQÅ
��_‑���Z�GK�{ӫM��y�(]�c�C��a�67Y���R��$������YN�����&����k[1�z+�u��
H�4=t�Mu���
‑���ǧu�&��i���kc����'��'�����d�{]@� �ם6��ӭ4z{ޖ�^~�&���~�;n�(�pr�������u��}}���k�����q�9ۧ� ��i�H��w�s�{o�5ѽ���׎�i�xԸ��I칻�&ކ�i�����b��‑��(��A,�m:�A��-!��w�=�u{~=�F����v��5{P��֜��xm�}��8���s]����Mx鶟׍S�I��R��X��;�G6o �9��Œ6}{jЊ�m>�eZׂ���k�a&j){^Y5��)��zW\'�wwt���!�6y�xs__y�<sF��<��\o�v���jjZ� �����x�^ߏyѭ|i���ݼ�^�s�ۜ�W��*?�sڮ�ެ
0�U�슉��Z蘛���.��;�w胶�r����?��?�����`ڵ�u�6�^t۞v�N��+���-M�-��,��mz���ק�<�zױ��m�W!j�‑��_�*?���N�����w(v)�m�‑��D�5E�R�F��T$Ĕ2?���s42��EDB��D���G&�6�F������T�?&�GG���wwr�s2��&r�E?

Any ideas gratefully recieved!

Tony

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Marketing emails and reports getting cut off with random characters

tonyc,

Thank you for submitting your post. This looks like a <a href> tag is broken within the email your Exchange Server is having trouble decrypting. I would speak your IT Department for assistance with this issue. It could also be the security scan by your firewall rejecting the URL tag.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com