Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mapping to Excel

Mapping to Excel

I am using Excel 2003 and ACT! 2008. I can add my Excel spreadsheet into the Documents tab but when I click the Edit Document button, Excel is not populated with the ACT! dialog boxes and I am unable to do any field mapping. Some interaction between ACT! and Excel is also generating Microsoft error messages and corrupting the Excel document. Anyone else have this problem? Is there an ACT! or Excell patch somewhere? Being able to map fields to Excel and populate my Excel spreadsheets from ACT! is key to the project I am working on.

Thanks, Katherine 

Re: Mapping to Excel

I use Excel 2002 and ACT 2006. I have not had the problem you are refering to, but there are a few different addons that you can get to do this. I have been using one from www.exponenciel.com that I have found very easy to use and without problems as well. There are others, but it all comes down to what do you want it to do. In my case, I need to be able to export information to excel, email that sheet to someone, they fill in the missing blanks, email it back and I import the new information into ACT without any trouble. I am not sure what is different with 2008, but thats just my experience. The addon from Exponenciel is pretty cheap compared to some of them out there and in my case was well worth the expense. Not sure if this will help, but just my 2 cents for what it is worth.