Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mapping Accounts in a defined geographical territory.

Mapping Accounts in a defined geographical territory.

Is there a way to say take all your accounts and prospects in say a 50 mile raduis of each other and physically map them.
Geographically map them so you can save time when planning ahead or on the road to make more sales calls.
Is there a query in Act and an actual map you could print out???

If not, someone should develop such a product, they would make a fortune.

Karla

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mapping Accounts in a defined geographical territory.

This would not be an easy task to do properly.

You'd have to work with a mapping product that works for all areas you want to cover - not many mapping products work well outside of major cities, which limits the market.

Also, whenn selecting the central point, it would have to send every contact address to the mapping service to determine it's distance from that point. This would be a very slow task on even a small database.

To map one or two records isn't a problem... to find others within a specified range is a big job.
Tuned Listener

I think I recall (back when ACT was owned by Pat Sullivan) there was a mapping tool vendor (MapInfo) that could in fact geo-map a group of records and place a RED Dot for each record.

It would be nice to find a SW add-on vendor that has kept pace with ACT v9 so I could geo-map 25-50 records with RED dots on a Google map.

Nickel Contributor

BusinessMap says theyvhave a new version out.  This might be what your after?

http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/bizmap.asp#topofpage

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Tuned Listener

YEP, this tool seems to have the right stuff! -- many thanks for the pointer -- Neil