Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Map to Excel issue

Map to Excel issue

I have been using Act!2006 V8.0 for some year with no problems. Now I intended to use the Map to Excel function and I always get an error message.

While trying to use the Act! menu in Excel to Map to Contact (or Company, or Group), after selecting the field to map and clicking Add I always get a message stating "Unhandled exception occured in a component in your application. If you Continue, the application will ignore this error and attemp to continue". Nothing else happens.

I have tried to use Excel 2003 and 2007 and a couple of computers always with the same error.

Can anyone help?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Map to Excel issue

My suggestion would be to upgrade.  There are hundreds of bug fixes and improvements since this version.  While it may seem to be a pat answer, I can assure you it isn't.  When I have worked on computers with the older versions of ACT! installed, I realize just how much progress has been made.  Sage doesn't support the product, and we are now on Sage ACT! 2012, version 14.  That is a tremendous amount of time in "software years".  Also, software companies are exploring whether to consider a customer an "upgrade" or "full-version" customer based on how many versions behind they are.  The magic number seems to be 3 versions - you are 6 behind.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)