Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Many fields unable to be added to contact layout (Act 2012 Premium)

Many fields unable to be added to contact layout (Act 2012 Premium)

I have just done a fresh installation of Act 2012 Premium.  When I go into the layout designer to modify my contacts layout, I notice that a number of contact fields (such as Home Phone and Pager Phone, for example) are not available to select to add to the layout.  They are not already used, and I didn't see anything in the field security that would prevent them from being selected.

I have a number of cantacts to input for whom I have 3 numbers: a work number, a home number, and a cell phone number.  But without the ability to add the home number field to my contact layout, I can't even input that data.  Why is this field (and many other contact fields) not available to add to the layout?

Can anyone help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Many fields unable to be added to contact layout (Act 2012 Premium)

[ Edited ]

Hello rockin982,
Normally, if a field is not available to add to the layout it means it already on the layout, but you may not be able to see it. Press F4 on your keyboard to bring up the toolbox in layout designer, then scroll down and see if the fields you are trying to add are in the list. If so, then click on one and it should be selected on the layout so you can see where it is.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.