Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Managing User Password

Managing User Password

Hello, 

I recently added a new employee to an existing database, and gave him a password as it seemed I had to. I made him an administrator, and the other employee was an administrator as well. 

I do not know the previous employee's password, and I tried every combination of the new password I set, and it will not accept it. He now cannot access the database at all. 

Can you let me know if there is anyway to reset it?

Also, if we delete the previous user (administrator) will the current database be affected at all?

Thank you, 

Elizabeth Whited

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Managing User Password

Elizabeth,

Just go in to the menu where you created the user and change their password there.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Stan, 

The only option is to open a database, or create a new one. 

Please advise, we need this working ASAP. 

Silver Super Contributor

Elizabeth,

Don't you remember any of the username/password combinations?  Open the database with one you remember and change the password for the user that isn't working.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Stan, 

We have obviously tried this. Please see my initial message. I know what I set as the correct password for the new user, but it will not accept it. I'll take responsibility in case I entered something wrong (we've tried every combination already), and we do not know the previous user's password.

I do not think he had one, but entering his username with no password doesn't solve the issue, and neither does entering no password or username. 

Please advise from here. 

Elizabeth

Silver Super Contributor

Elizabeth,

Contact me off line.  I'll reset the password for you.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com