Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Managing Opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Managing Opportunities

I'm finding the Opportunities pipeline extremely useful, especially for forcasting cashflow and catagorising the reasons for 'lost' opportunities vs. 'won' opportunities on the system.

However, I'm running into trouble with the accuracy in cases where I have a business contact (usually the manager) who may have 10 staff enroling on our courses... so that contact opportunity is worth 10 times X dollars for each course, however when the course applications come through, there is still a sales cycle individually and some may be lost/won, so we add the individuals on Act! again..... but how should I mark the main company contact? which was the original opportunity. If I mark it as won (which it is) I am artificially doubling  my income (not good for accuracy), but if lost, it wasn't actually a lost opportunity as some sales came from it, so I do not want it to show on the lost opportunity report. I'm just thinking out loud now as I'm writing it but maybe the simplest answer is to delete the original opportunity when the applications come through?

Does anyone else have a similiar situation and/or a good way to manage this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChrisR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Managing Opportunities

I think that I would make the original opportunity Inactive when the individual applications come through. That way you have the original opportunity for forecasting and the individual opportunities for actual sales reporting.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChrisR
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

I think that I would make the original opportunity Inactive when the individual applications come through. That way you have the original opportunity for forecasting and the individual opportunities for actual sales reporting.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy, that is simple but makes alot of sense!