Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Managing Activities in ACT

Managing Activities in ACT

I was wondering how you manage your activities in ACT.  Right now I use my Alarm box to remind me of who to call.  Right now I have about 800 past activities that pop up in that Alarm box every day, and I get more behind all the time.  The problem is that I have a lot of relatively unimportant activities mixed in with the important ones and sometimes I lose track of what's important.  I call out the more important ones.  I have a (possibly silly) system for assigning priorities to the activities:  I make the really important ones Meetings, semi-important ones To-Dos and least important ones Calls.  This way at least I can see what's what as I scroll through my Alarms box.  I've tried managing by reports (for example printing a report with all my past Meetings), but the reports don't catch all the things they're supposed to. 

I assume there's a much better way to organize myself than I'm doing, and I'd be curious in any tips or systems you use.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Managing Activities in ACT

Why don't you use color coding?

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Managing Activities in ACT

Seems like you would want to work with the task list view...

Between being able to set it up to show the fields you want along with being able to filter on dates, activity type and priorites, I would think that you could create yourself a list depending upon what you are doing at a specific time, pretty quickly.  And then easily change it as you need to.